At the end of a year that ruffled our feathers more than once, let’s not forget that we only really have a chance if we walk side by side: Opening door number 10 of our Advent calendar, we take a look at his wonderful image of togetherness, featured in our author Enrique del Campo’s Kruger Wildlife calendar. Have a great weekend everyone!
Tag Archives: wildlife
Lots to be inspired by: Calvendo’s creative calendar makers
With calendar season on our doorsteps (yes, autumn is finally here!), we see new users on our platform as well as ‘old hands’ cracking on with their ideas and producing fresh calendar material. Here are a few projects that caught our eye over the past weeks. If you haven’t logged into the system yet this year to start a new project, take a look and be inspired by this snapshot of our talented Calvendo community (and there’s much more!):
- Whimsical and delightful: Japanese Kokeshi doll illustrations by Capucine with cleverly woven in seasonal references. (Don’t miss the December Kokeshi!)
- The eyes have it: Great use of our new cover design templates by David Knowles in his ‘Just Nature’s Eyes’ calendar
- Yearning for the countryside: Christian Mueringer is tapping into the zeitgeist with his ‘Charming Country Houses’ project and collection of rural gems around Europe.
- Retro with a modern twist: Stephen Millerships’s travel poster style illustrations of Manchester and his hometown Ilkeston are fabulous. Take a look!
- Delicious: Atlantismedia’s ‘Sweet Dreams’ selection is mouth-watering. Pretty perfect for everyone who has a sweet tooth.
- Intriguing: Wildlife Art Print’s produced some amazing macro shots of beetles clear, crisp and rather stylish.
- Reflective: David Chennell’s Wirral calendar features beautiful reflection photography, showing Merseyside’s hidden gem in a different light.
- Niche interest: Airline tails – yes, that’s a thing! Craig Russell had enough material for not just one but two calendars featuring airline tails. If you’re not an aviation expert yourself, you’ll be surprised how varied and colourful they are
- Twilight zone: Sue Burton has taken a closer look a the hours of twilight and found different Degrees of Darkness
- Flower artistry: Terry Hewlett’s Floral Attraction brightens up every wall, a real mood booster!
Opening door number 21 of our Advent calendar and you can see that UK photographer Mark Bridger has a real knack for wildlife photography. His favourite subjects are deer. Cue: his gorgeous Deer calendar. We particularly like this wonderful creature, however, there are many more … (Btw, Mark was one of our very first UK self-publishers when Calvendo launched in the UK in late summer 2014!)